Academic Curriculum and Philosophy
Provide a balanced curriculum that addresses the whole child and guides children to an underlying understanding that they can apply to life beyond the classroom.
Small class sizes will allow teachers to differentiate instruction meeting the needs of each individual student at his/her own level. We will strive to foster individuals who perform at their highest ability in all aspects of life.
The blended learning environment will allow for cross-curricular activities allowing all subject to work cohesively and build upon each other.
Teaching the Whole Child: Academically, Socially and Emotionally
- Build strong learning environment amongst learners by creating norms, rituals and routines that support student ownership and collaboration
Making Learning Meaningful
- Connect topics to students’ personal lives and interests
- Use standards and learning targets with clear intentionality
- Engage learners in challenging tasks, with guidance to reflect on their own learning and understanding
Explicitly Teach Critical Thinking Skills and Discourse
- Students learn to be metacognitive about their own thinking
- Learners socially construct knowledge through purposeful and meaningful conversations
Engage in and Explore Social and Emotional Habits of MInd
- Learners reflect on their own personal habits where success or failure ultimately begin
Share Learning in a Variety of Ways
- Learners decide how best to share their new understandings with the community